Saturday, September 07, 2002

Can't sleep.

Been thinking more and more lately about productivity. Basically, what it boils down to is that my dad died 12 years ago, because his body betrayed him. The older I get, the scarier that gets. Especially since I have this almost irrational faith that science could bring us practical immortality in the not to distant future. The trick is getting there. So I've been noticing the little things, the moles that I didn't use to have, or at least never noticed. The slow erosion of my youth.

And I have friends that are actually DOING things. Real things. Like real jobs. Or are at least trying to do what they want to do.

I guess I need to kick my own ass and start sending out demos. Mike says my music has gotten really tight, but I want to have each piece have a sense of progression before I send it out. I think I have the techniques down to make the sound I want to hear, but my compositional skills are not where I want them to be at.

Ok, I'm going to go try to sleep again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home