Sunday, June 19, 2005

So, on the circuitbending front, Reed Ghazala, the acknowledged inventor of circuitbending (more or less, but I'd argue that David Tudor did much the same thing , but often on a grander or more subtle scale.), has a new book coming out: Circuit-Bending : Build Your Own Alien Instruments.

I am overwhelmingly giddy at the prospect of owning, reading, and using this book. It's not coming out until August (according to B&N), but I already have one on pre-order. I'm fairly adept at basic circuit manipulation now, drilling holes for switches, soldering, that sort of thing. But more info about the craft can't hurt.

Still looking for the perfect housing for a bunch of little toy circuits that I want to house all together. I have in mind something like this. So, if anyone's dad has some old electronic junk, maybe some old radios or vintage CBs that they'd like to get rid of, let me know. Also, my bounty on Speak & Spells found at garage sales still stands. If any of my friends (or acquaintances) find a Speak & Spell at a garage sale (or flea market), I will buy it from them for up to $10. If you find one, let me know.

Added more links to the Electronic Music section, and added a Circuit Bending section. Enjoy.

Did some work on Sleeper Service, and a new track called Large Glass. Also selecting tracklistings for a concept mix album that I want to do. It's going to be called The Past's Future and it's all 'electronic' music (strictly from vinyl, with the exception of one David Tudor track) from the 60's, 70's and 80's, manipulated, processed, remixed and mixed together. Have also started sorting for ripping all of my Exotica records to mp3. Big project. Will take some doing. But the end result should be a very nice library of rare mp3s.

Will probably be doing The Past's Future in Ableton Live. Speaking of, I'd love to have one of these. It looks so cool, it hurts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleeper Service? Let me call Fate Amenable to Change...

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home