Sunday, August 10, 2003

Lately I've been obsessed with locked grooves. DJ Swamp has some records with locked grooves over on turntablelab I've requested for my birthday from some friends. I've also been making some locked grooves of my own. What I do is push the balance weight on my turntable arm back a little bit, and adjust the lifting lever so that the turntable arm almost wants to lift off. Then I take a piece of vinyl that I don't care about, and then I put a long scratch in the record from the inside to the outside edge, at a slight angle backwards. It's really cool, because the record will just skip and play the same thing over and over.

I also made a homemade Udu from an empty glass jug of wine. I drilled a hole in the side and widened it. Now when I slap it, it makes a deep resonant 'thung!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home