Sunday, March 14, 2004

I think it's really sad how little the bombings in Madrid are being covered by the news in America.

Then again, I just watch the big three. We don't have cable. Things might be different on the cable news channels.

Yesterday my wife came home from work, and she could tell I was a little down. She asked me what was wrong, and I just asked her to hold me.

All those people.

And why would anyone want to mess with the Spanish? I mean, seriously, everyone I've ever met who has spent any time in Spain has nothing but glowing things to say about the Spanish. My wife included. She spent a semester in Seville, and still misses it. She goes on and on about the orange blossoms, eating all the tapas you want but not getting fat because you're walking everywhere, the friendly people, the beautiful buildings and monuments, etc. etc.

A lady had to return a travel guide today to Spain. She was going to take a group of junior high students over there for a week, but the trip has been cancelled because of the bombings.

That's just very sad.

It's been a long dreary day here. I think I'm going to go listen to some Nick Drake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home