Sunday, February 22, 2004

Mike came over today to keep me company while I sorted through my record collection some. It's odd how when the two of us are hanging out we just naturally fall into making music together. At one point he said I was like a mad scientist when it comes to sound. I know I'm addicted. I can't help it. I'm just enthralled with playing with sound. It's fun.

I guess that makes Mr. Mike an enabler.

Anyway, he's changed his blog, er, webjournal, so go check it out.

In other news, I got a CD by Christian Marclay. He's a turntable artist that does CRAZY things, like cutting up records and gluing them back together in random ways. Very cool. It's definitely an acquired taste, though.

I'm planning on doing a sort of IDM/abstract Mix CD at some point soon. Somewhere in concept between a bootleg remix and a mix CD.

Maybe my friend Allen will put it out on his new record label, Miniscule Wombat.

That's all for now. Listening to Inlakesh right now. Very cool husband/wife didgeridoo duo.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home