Sunday, May 02, 2004

Well, I was digging around in my box of tapes that I haven't listened to in about 10 years, and I found one marked "Band" with Clint's name on it. Clint is the ex-roommate who now lives out in LA and does editing stuff for TV. And he's a hella cool guy. He's also an ex-roomie of Mike, aka VendorX.

It's the Alma High School Band from I'm assuming the very early 90s or late 80s. Very cheezy band music. Very poor sound quality. But cool nonetheless.

I'm going to have so much fun sampling this.

By the way, Clint, if you want the tape, I can mail it to you after I'm done copying it. Along with your Dave Eggers book.

In high school I was so uncool that I hung out with the band geeks. The band geeks were the cool kids to me. I mean, there were definitely more cool kids than the band geeks, but mostly I felt comfortable with the band geeks. At that time, I really wasn't in to music. Or rather, I hadn't found my muse, and I was still uncomfortable with expressing MY music. So I looked for other outlets. Abstract painting. Poetry. Masturbation. Whatever. But I always felt a kinship with the band geeks. I think there's a lesson in there somewhere.

What it is I'm not sure.

I sure miss the Adventures of Pete and Pete on Nickelodeon. What a great show. And if you liked the theme song, done by the band Polaris, they have a website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home