Tuesday, May 04, 2004

You know that part of "Army" by Ben Folds Five (From the Album the Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner) where the brass band comes in? I love that part. It's so loud and swingin'. I feel like I should be wearing some old tweed suit and a funny hat when I hear it.

Been doing some samosa experiments for our Indian food themed dinner party that's coming up. I pronounce them a success. Granted, I've been using wonton wrappers instead of homemade dough, but it works. What I did tonight was fry up some diced onions in olive oil, add it to some potato flakes and water and spices, and then wrap in the little wonton wrappers. Then I fried the heck out of them in some olive oil. Mmmm.... I think they'll make great appetizers.

By the way, RealLife is pretty funny today.

If you love the music of Nick Drake, this is a cool website to check out. Nick's music continues to enchant me. I feel an aching hole in my heart everytime I think about the fact that he's no longer on this Earth.

"[public school is a place] 'where the sensitive experience a horrified dissociation from reality that can sometimes never fade away.'
Nick Drake"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home