Wednesday, February 02, 2005

On a slightly lighter note, via Boing Boing, is a link to a video that mashes up the Beatles with the Monkees. It's friggin' brilliant, and it's called Paperback Believer. And it's by Mark Vidler. Cool.

Also, on the Mashup/Bootleg Remix front, I am actively working on a new selection/mix called Number Theory Numerology. I noticed on Wikipedia the other day that both the Boards of Canada, and Iggy Pop and the Stooges have songs named 1969. Well, of course that meant that I just had to mix them together. So, then I started thinking about other songs with 6 and 9 in the title, or the artist.

So here's the tracks I'm going to use, so far.

1969 -Boards of Canada
1969 -Iggy Pop and the Stooges
If 6 Was 9 -Jimi Hendrix
If 9 Was 6 - Prince Paul
If 666 was '96 -by DXT
Various Tracks from Richie Hawtin's Decks, EFX and 909
Revolution 9 -the Beatles
909 Revolution -Daft Punk
Everybody needs a 303 -Fatboy Slim
And snippets from Kid 606 and 808 State.

Should be quite dubby and odd at times, but definitely beat inflected. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hawaiian Radiation said...

I'd love to hear that when you finish it. About the only kind of music I enjoy lately is ridiculous mashups.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

You looking for more 9 or 6 song ideas...I bet I could come up with some...

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

96 Tears

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home