Friday, August 19, 2005

Speaking of games, Nick and Allen came over last night, and despite the fact that it was only the three of us (I guess DJ, Duley and Collin were too busy to play, and Ken and Wes and Frank are at GenCon), and despite the fact that Allen hadn't played in forever, and despite the fact that I had a pretty big headache, we played a game of Illuminati, the set that I got from Mike. Said game was quite enjoyable, and I must give kudos to Nick for winning in a master stroke of deception and subtlety. He basically sat back and let Allen and myself try to take each other out, and took advantage of my erratic strategy of no strategy, which of course hardly ever leads to a win for me, but when it does, oh boy, it's spectacular.

Also, apparently Allen had lunch with a guy, Steven, whose blog I lurk at, and apparently he lurks at my blog. So hi Steven. I wonder who else locally lurks on my blog. I know at least Shaun at work occasionally does. Hi Shaun. Shaunie shaun shaun shabba doo. Nice picture, by the way.

6 Comments:

Blogger munkee girl said...

Would Steven be related to Hallie
Jarvis?

Nice art-y pic, Mike. Are you trying to make a statement, though? If so, let me and Jeremy know. ;)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yah, cool pic Mike. I remember it from an earlier site design of your website.

I hate to admit it, but I liked that design better. Not that your current design is bad. I just liked the black and neon green.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nick: it was a fun game. i forgot how much fun that (and other card games like it) could be. and i have to play the ufo's at some point.

munkee girl: steven was supposed to pop over here and comment himself but he has been busy so i will speak for him :) he is in fact related as in married.

pete: now you have the address of my personal blog again.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, Geek Horde Fans!

I (Steven) have been a lurker here for a while. It's also how I found Allen's blog(s) and connected that, yes, they did indeed belong to the meatspace person I've known for a while as Allen. I found this place, though, by searching google for "fayetteville arkansas electronic music". So sacrifice another calf to the almighty Google for that.

And, yes, Hallie is my wife. Of 14 years as of last Wednesday. She, alas, is somewhat of a luddite and has no blog, though she knows what they are.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

A rousing chorus of it's a small world.

12:58 AM  
Blogger munkee girl said...

Excellent! Hallie is grade-A class people and a fantastic German teacher.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home