Sunday, August 14, 2005

Here's a funny flash animation that someone did of Maxwell's Silver Hammer by the Beatles. Warning, it's a little violent. Funny. Cute. But violent.

Found it on Metafilter.

Oh yeah, and I added a link to ResonanceFM over under the Netradio links. It's a very very cool radio station in London that plays some incredibly freaky music. They just got done playing some Christian Marclay (the man does unholy but wonderful things with broken, sliced up records), and before that played some Kraftwerk, and are now playing some Einsterzende Neubauten. If you're feeling musically adventurous, and want to expand your horizons, give it a listen.

And I almost forgot. Jon Hassell (Collaborated with Brian Eno, and not as famous as he should be, but many more people have heard his music than they know. He wrote the theme song for the TV show 'The Practice.' ) has a new record out, Maarifa Street. Imagine something close to blissed out dub versions of Miles Davis in his electric phase, but with a whole MiddleEastern/Indian vibe thing going on, and you get the idea. (I would love to buy a trumpet. Jon Hassell really inspires me. I absolutely adore the seductive washes of sound that he coaxes out of one trumpet and a few guitar pedals.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

Hmmm that animation is taking forever to load...what's going on? I think I am gonna have to watch it later...but now I am all curious about it.

-N

9:04 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, if you're on dial up, it might take quite a while. It's basically an animation of the song, telling a little story. It's funny. Worth the download.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Hawaiian Radiation said...

I made a little simple A+B mashup last night I think you'll enjoy.

Jeremy Hall - I Want Free Marijuana

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1U5A39M8KN2OD0S77U6KOSYEOQ

The Monkees vs Sly & The Revolutionaries

8:43 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

That's really good man. How did you do it?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Hawaiian Radiation said...

I'd like to say that I worked really hard on it, but it was simple. I used Cool Edit, extracted the Monkees vocal (simple, since it's one of those old stereo recordings where they pan all the vocals to one side), sped it up a little, chopped it up, added various delays, and then pasted the bits of vocals on top of the dub track. Don't have to really match up the speeds, if it's close and you're starting the bits of lyrics at the right places. Didn't even have to pitch shift any of it, as I just looked for a dub track in the same key. Didn't even mess with the dub track. Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?

1:31 PM  
Blogger munkee girl said...

Hey, darlin', it's "Einstuerzende Neubauten"...which roughly translated is "collapsing new construction." Cheery, in a silver hammer sort of way!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://eclrhnik.com/llce/fleb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dkuvnmru.com/dwee/blwz.html]Cool site[/url]

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://eclrhnik.com/llce/fleb.html | http://byalfddh.com/lngg/mvjc.html

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home