Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cool abstract art project using data from Unreal Tournament, by Alison Mealey. Very interesting. Kind of in the same vein as QQQ.

Oh yeah. And war on Christmas my ass. Seriously. This holiday positively permeates the cultural landscape in America. Go anywhere in the next month in a public or semi-public space, and you will have a very good chance of hearing a Christmas song, or see some form of Christmas decoration. I'm very tired of hearing that same old song and dance and sad rhetoric from the right-wing. Christmas is not threatened. Oh yeah. And Bill O'Reily and his ilk are exactly the type of tards I'm talking about here. Saying 'Happy Holidays' is a polite and nice thing to say. Not a bold endorsement of Sodomites and child rapists. Idiots.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Man this is the one issue that makes me want to stab my eyes out with a fork.

First, the whole issue completely disregards the entire point of the first amendment.

Second, sending a card is about the person receiving the card. When giving someone a gift, its' the thought that counts. A card, for all practical person, is the thought and nothing more. So in essence, sending a "Christmas" card to someone who is known to be Jewish or otherwise nonChristian is the equivalent of sending Krispy Kreme donuts to a diabetic: Not thoughtful and self centered in a my way or the highway sort of way, which seems to be the antithesis of what i understand to be the point of Jesus anyway. (yeah I'm real religious over here) Of course this means that I am as close to saying something nice about the Bush administration, which means everybody should donate to the "coats for hell" program.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Gah. I had a clearly deranged woman lecture me on how non-Christians should basically celebrate Christmas as the day of Jesus' birth no matter what they believed, and everyone should run around saying Merry Christmas from Thanksgiving on. She also claimed that homosexuals didn't want the Bible read. And that pretty much sums up how I think about people who try to force their beliefs on everyone else - crackpots!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home