Friday, July 07, 2006

Want to hear something cool? Go here, and download DJ /rupture's gold teeth thief mix. The part B mix is an interesting mix of 'world music', hip hop and downtempo beats, jungle, IDMish stuff. It's very innovative, and very similar to the kind of world roaming hyperinternational beat mixing I would be doing if I were better at it. He apparently did it on three turntables, which is a feat in and of itself. It's very very cool. Haven't listened to the part A mix yet. He has a blog here, by the way.

Totally missed the second Cloudwave event the other night, since I was as sick as a dog. Just now really recovering. I was really bummed about it, because I had a really interesting set to play, involving a William Yeats spoken word piece, and a Charlie Manson sample. Kind of an apocalyptic montage. I've been really lax about finishing any real tunes lately though. Hopefully I'll have some finished soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home