Wednesday, October 23, 2002

So, Oprah had a show last week about the war, and also had a show this week about the war. I must say, she had no appearance of objectivity. She seems to come out squarely for it. I don't fault her for that, but I do have this one question. Why is it ok for Oprah Winfrey to be for the war on Iraq, but it's not ok for Colin Powell? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? I will say this though; if Harry Belafonte comes out and calls Oprah Winfrey a "house negro," then I will eat my hat.

"KING: But can't Colin Powell have a belief that the Iraqi situation is the administration's point of view, is correct and agree with its principles without giving up his own -- you're assuming that he's going against his principles. Maybe they are his principles.

BELAFONTE: Well, if they are his principles, then I sit opposed to them. I have to make the assumption that it's not his principles because of what he said (UNINTELLIGIBLE) at the Republican National Convention when he gave that remarkable speech. Or when he said going through the United Nations as the vehicle through which this problem should be settled. To do anything less than that and to stick to that mandate I think is a sellout. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home