Monday, January 13, 2003

Attention Supreme Court Justice Scalia:

The separation between Church and State must be inviolate and absolute. Any attempt by the majority to force their views (i.e. placing the words 'under god' in the Pledge of Allegiance in the 1950s, it wasn't originally in it) on others is an act of tyranny. Yes, worship the way you wish to worship. But this is not a "Christian Nation." Yes, many of the founding fathers were Christians. But many of them were Deists who didn't trust any of the Churches mainly because of the power and influence that Churches invariably wish to wield over people.

My America is big enough for everyone. My America includes Christians and Jews and Hindus and Muslims and Buddhists, and yes, even Agnostics and Atheists. And people who just don't give a crap, except that they don't want to live in anything that even faintly smells of a theocracy. So keep your religion out of my government, thank you very much.

You're either an idiot or unbelievably corrupt if you think that the Constitution doesn't protect us from just the kind of religious tyrrany that I'm describing and that you endorse. When I go to a state funded school's football game, I don't want to hear a prayer. THAT is endorsing a religious viewpoint over another. When I step in a court-room, undeniably a part of the state, I don't want to see ANYTHING that endorses one religious viewpoint over another.

Please, Justice Scalia, join the rest of us in the 21st Century.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home