Sunday, November 21, 2004

Despite the fact that I generally have had bad experiences at Common Grounds in the past, I actually had a fairly good drink there the other night. The Mocha Supreme is fairly good, for coffee with chocolate and alcohol in it. Not pure. But pretty good.

Ken and I were taking a trip down memory lane, as far as TV shows from the 80s.

One I couldn't remember was about a kid and his floating robot companion. I found it. It was called Benji, Zax and the Alien Prince. Very odd. "The popular canine Benji acts as the self-appointed guide and protector of a 10-year-old alien prince and his tiny robot bodyguard."

Another odd show was the Mighty Orbots. Again. Odd the things I dug as a child. Robots fighting an alien menace called the Shadow.

Another tv show that I obsessed about was called Otherworld, about a family who, while on their vacation to the pyramids ends up sucked into a parallel world where everything is different, and about how they tried to get home.


1 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Wow...Peter...we must have been similar children...as I too remember Other World. I think we watched all the episodes. I remember it as being an interesting sci-fi chase show. Sort of like Twilight Zone where each week the family experienced some new portion of this world while trying to stay one step ahead of the military commander that knew they were different.

I wonder if watching it now would ruin the memory? Not to worry as I bet I'll never see it again anyway.

But thanks for causing some good memories to rise to the surface.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home