Sunday, August 28, 2005





























So, yesterday my friend Clint called from L.A., on his cell phone, from some kind of street fair. Knowing that I love wierd sound stuff, he made me listen to what this mad genius was doing. This guy had put microphones on his bike, and then run the microphones through guitar effects pedals, apparently some sort of modulation pedal, and then at least one delay pedals, maybe two. I think one of those pedals is a circuit-bent delay pedal. He then beat and 'played' his bike through the effects. It sounded crazy. Very very crazy.

Anyway, if anyone knows who this is and if he has a website, please let me know. This is so cool.



5 Comments:

Blogger AmazingRolo said...

did he ride the bike home?

-yann
aka populus

9:27 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

That's a good question. I'm also wondering about amplification. What was he using?

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first recorded performance of this amazingly versatile instrument took place on American TV in 1963.


http://www.jerryhopkins.com/stories/zappasbike.html

4:55 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

According to Monotonaut on EM411, the dude was named Andy Sykora. Cool.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes my nane is Sykora.i did ride my bike home.i was using 3 delay pedals(one that loops) and no mod.i gave my friend a delay pedal some time last year to bend,but his house caught on fire destroying it.i have not a web site at this time.i use a small batterie-powered,2 speaker yamaha 5 watt amp.a few friends have said to me that zappa palyed a bike on the steve allen show in the early 60's.if any of you are grant writters please say so. elsaenfam@yahoo.com

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home