Thursday, September 22, 2005

So, over at Music Thing today there was a link to Dosh from Anticon playing a track live, and building it up each bit at a time, with some sort of phrase sampler. It's kind of neat. Check it out.

There's also a link to some junior high band playing two tracks by DJ Shadow (from Endtroducing), the link seems to have died, so I won't post it right now. Hopefully someone will mirror it soon.

The droogs in the Cloudwave Network met again tonight. We were kind of off tonight, not nearly as good as last week. But we got some things hashed out for the Autumn Chill event coming up that we're throwing. By the way, that's going to be October 29th, at the Agri Park in Fayetteville. Starting at 2 PM. Hopefully we'll have more information up on the website soon, after we finish a flyer. Then the media barrage will begin in earnest.

Oh yeah, and if you're online, and want to hear some cool stuff, check out ResonanceFM, some very diverse music coming out of London. Worth listening to.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you listened to Wednesday's session yet, Pete? I think it's pretty good. Of course, I missed last week's so I won't make any qualitative comparisons based on my inclusion or lack thereof between the two. Still, I think this weeks sounds better than we thought it did when we were playing.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I don't know. I guess I just didn't feel in the moment this week. Too distracted.

No, I haven't listened to this weeks session yet. I will.

I intend to start cannibalizing our sessions and then heavily processing them as sample sources, and then using those samples in future sessions. Recursive sampling.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home