Sunday, October 23, 2005

Speaking of things that inspire me, lately, I'm particularly enamoured of the design of these instruments by TechDweeb (the first is a modified TeleTubby circuit, and the second set uses the old Speak and Math educational toys), and these instruments by Tim Kaiser. Very clean but creative design. Me likee.

Working on the conceptual design of what I'm thinking of as an 'improvised modular synthesizer', in part inspired by circuit-bending, and in part inspired by the found electronic circuits that David Tudor integrated into his works. I have a ton of little circuits that I've collected (scavenged) over the years, some that make wierd noises, some that blink in unusual patterns (and modulate other circuits in very strange ways when they're interfaced), and others that are just dead useless circuits, found cellphones, etc. So I'm going to hook all this stuff up together and see what happens.

In other news, seriously contemplating a profound redesign of the computer room/studio. Basically, Collin's new bookshelves that they built onto the wall of their office has really made me think about how stupid I've been about using (or rather, not using) space. I think I could get at least 40 feet of usable bookshelf space by building a similar system. Doesn't seem too hard, either. It's kind of a big project, just because I'd have to completely move stuff out of the room to do it, but I think the end result would be keen.

2 Comments:

Blogger munkee girl said...

Plus, you'd have a lot more room for lurking kitties. It's not hard, but like any home repair project, it takes more time and money than you think it will at the outset. Holler if you need help/tips/equipment.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, I really want to do this, but I need to take a whole weekend off to do it, though, I think. It's a megabig project.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home