Monday, October 10, 2005

I found it odd that they chose to cast Zhang Ziyi in Memoirs of a Geisha. She's Chinese. The movie (and the book it's based on) is set in Japan with Japanese characters. I'd be really interested to see how this plays in Japan.

Not that I have anything against Zhang Ziyi. She was amazing in Crouching Tiger.

Speaking of all things Japanese, between the time of my birthday Sushi Celebration and now, I have acquired a taste for sake. Which is odd, since I tend to not like really strong alcohols. I like it really cold. At first I just found the taste exotic and interesting, as a new experience. Now I genuinely find it delicious.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birthday Sushi Celebration! Holy crap that sounds amazing.

You need to have a Just Because Sushi Celebration and make sure I am invited!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Ok dude. Next time I make sushi, you and Will are invited.

Seriously, maybe we should do that in a few weeks again. I'll talk to the wife.

I'm thinking mostly California rolls and hot and sour soup.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Maybe some simple vegetable tempura. Never tried it, but I've wanted to for a while.

10:24 PM  
Blogger munkee girl said...

I've got a recipe for the tempura, dude.

No offense, but you should let me make the sushi rice--yours isn't sweet enough for yers truly, Cap'n Candy. I bow to your excellent truffle making skills, however.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Not a problem.

Was thinking about truffles today. I need to find some cocoa nibs and get a marble mortar and pestle. I want to make some but really craft them, you know?

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home