Saturday, July 08, 2006

I was talking to my friend Wes this evening, over at my friend Nick's house about Gnarls Barkley's song Crazy. Wes has never heard of Gnarls Barkley. The reason I brought it up is that Wes is the one person I know who might be able to appreciate someone sampling an Ennio Morricone soundtrack (and yet it sounds completely UNLIKE anything related to a spaghetti western). So here's the Wikipedia entry on Gnarls Barkley (which is made up of two individuals, Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse, (who did the wonderful Grey Album) not Skee-Lo like I was thinking [I'm not really all that much into hippity-hop, compared to some of my friends, so forgive me].) There's a video link at the bottom. I highly suggest you watch it. It's infectious.

Also, not sure if I've linked this before, but you should also check out Aural Prostitution, particularlyMass Distraction Sessions vol. 11 Black Music. It's particularly good if you like a certain kind of jazz, the Ahmad Jamal, Ornette Coleman, Pharoah Sanders, Rahsaan Roland Kirk kind of jazz. It's a really good mix.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, I'm seriously considering buying the album.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
»

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home