Monday, March 05, 2007

Yeah, sorry I haven't post in a while. I've been busy with the boy (I know I know, I owe you guys pictures) and work and this online roleplaying game that I'm running over here, called Oridyr. It's fun and neat, and is more like a collaborative fiction project than a traditional RPG. Mike and Clint are playing.

No comments about the stupidity of the world. I can't bring myself to do it. Let's just say, regarding the Secret, there's a ton of suckers, and I get to see most of them. Also, the marketing blitz sets off my bullshit meter. Also, the author, Rhonda Byrne says that the Rwanda victims of genocide brought it on themselves by not thinking positively.

What a fucking idiot.

I guess I did comment on the stupidity of the world. Or one facet of it.

So there it is.

Oh yeah, some crazy people think Lost and Heroes might be connected. I don't think this is the case, but if it were, it would be the apotheosis of geekery.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good, someone had to say it.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

About the Secret, or the Lost/Heroes crazery?

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. thanks for the link. From the article:

"Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, and Jesus were not only prosperity teachers, but also millionaires themselves..."

And now, Jesus' take on the topic, per the gospel of Luke:

"Woe to you that are rich, for you have received your compensation."

This prosperity gospel crap is the ultimate proof that you can make any text say anything, provided you stare at it for long enough.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great article on the Secret. That philosophy has been around for a while and is a minor tweaking of "The Power of Positive Thinking" but yeah it's crazy talk.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, it's kind of like positive thinking meets the prosperity gospel, thru the lense of crackpot Deepak Chopra views on quantum physics.

Or something.

8:29 PM  
Blogger dj said...

Regarding Lost, Heroes, and geeky crossovers....

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/crossovers.html

In a nutshell, the show St. Elsewhere is connected to almost every other TV show out there. And St. Elsewhere was just the daydream of an autistic kid.

And yes, under this system, Heroes and Lost are in the same universe as X-Files, Star Trek, Firefly, and Blossom.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home