Saturday, July 21, 2007

So, in my guise as Emergent, explorer of sonic textures and ambient soundscapes, I'm going to be playing the AUM Festival in Eureka Springs on Sunday, the 29th, from 8 to 10 pm, at the Chill Out stage. I'm quite looking forward to it. It's not cheap, because it's a 5 day festival, but if you're into really spacey music, I'm going to be doing a very deep set, lots of drones and atmospheric drifts, radiostar bleeps and quasar blurbles, maybe a sprinkling of fractal groove beats.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vendor Xeno said...

You send me bootleg yah? Yah!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Trying to figure out how to record it. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with an mp3 recorder. Hm... actually. Maybe I do. Hm...

5:46 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, if worse comes to worse, I can bring my 4 track and record straight from the house mixer. That should work. Of course, I'll have to reassemble everything from tape. It'd be so much more elegant if I just had an mp3 player that recorded mp3s.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Vendor Xeno said...

And yet in that elegance, something classical would be diminished. Your way is the only culturally appropriate way to go about this.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I certainly know what you mean. You remember that party that I DJ'ed for you and Clint at your old place in Fayetteville, years ago, before I had a mixer or real turntables? I was using my 4track for a mixer, and two crappy turntables, and some effects, and I had some 303 sounds loaded up on a crappy SK5 Casio sampler. It was total soundclash, not even attempting to beatmix, more mixing by a dub method, where I would add dub delay to the end of a track and kind of create a wall of sound that tracks kind of melted into and out of. It was fun. Totally amateurish. But great fun.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

Peter...

Break a leg (or whatever passes for wishing luck to a musician).

I wish I could be there.

I'd like to request a copy too.

Ken

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home