Thursday, May 03, 2007

So, it's been entirely too long since I've posted. Sorry.

Here's a picture of Jack from his baptism in Little Rock. It was fun, but the car ride was just a little too long.















And this is a picture of Beth feeding Jack:















In other news, as I found out from the Brotherhood, YA author Maureen Johnson's book the Bermudez Triangle has been banned by a school in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. We've had our own run-ins with like-minded idiots here in Fayetteville. Fight the good fight. Go write those people and give them what-for for being such idiots.

I have high hopes that I might be making some pan seared teriyaki salmon with sauted vegetables tonight for dinner. Also, my latest vice seems to be vanilla soy chai. Which, all in all, is not a bad vice to have, as far as vices go.

Oh yeah, saw a friend (John, not sure if he has a website) of a friend last night, and he told me about Paul's Extreme Stretch, which is a program you can use to timestretch sounds to extreme lengths. Really only useful if you're someone like me who likes writing odd, spacey music. I haven't used it yet, but I can't wait to see what it will do to some old classical records. Nothing like massed swells of strings, really. (It's well known that one day I want to have my own violin section at my beck and call at all times.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Vendor Xeno said...

Or if you're someone like me and like to mangle sound until it makes the pink ear bleeeeeeed..... Thanks for the heads up, Pete.

Hey, I'll have to send you a sound file I made recently. I took Lewis Black's White Album and removed all the coherent jokes, stories and humor, leaving only his cursing, random rantings and audience laughter. Clint and I laughed and laughed.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home