Monday, January 28, 2008

I am in love with the English language. Listen to the words:

' The wretched desert takes its form, the jackal proud and tight
In search of you, I feel my way, though the slowest heaving night
Whatever fear invents, I swear it make no sense
I reach through the border fence
Come down, come talk to me

In the swirling, curling storm of desire unuttered words hold fast
With reptile tongue, the lightning lashes towers built to last
Darkness creeps in like a thief and offers no relief
Why are you shaking like a leaf
Come on, come talk to me'

Peter Gabriel is amazing.

So, I'm still writing. It's slow going, but I think I have a pretty good handle on the structure of the novel I'm working on.

The ironic thing is that now that Jack is here, and I have orders of magnitude less time than I used to work on creative projects, I'm overflowing with creative energies. In fact, I'm working on too many projects. I'm writing some psytrance tunes (I've got 2 done, and I'm working on 3 at once.) I'm working on an ambient double CD, based on the performance I gave this past summer at the AUM festival. I'm starting to fill up a portable hard drive with hand crafted samples with the intent of eventually starting a new site with Mike to sell loops for electronic musicians. I'm working on an interactive/generative ambient music installation for an art show in April. I'm writing some stuff for Oridyr, a collaborative fiction project with Mike and a few other friends. And finally, I'm sketching out a novel that might end up being a Western, in a sense, and at the very least will be a historical novel.

And if I'm lucky, I have about 1.5 to 2 hours a day to work on all this stuff. If I'm lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home