Monday, July 18, 2005

So, you may have noticed that I've added a few things under the webradio links. I've added KXUA, despite the fact that their new website looks like crap in Firefox, and I've also added Woxy.com. Woxy plays lots of cool modern indie rock. There's also a link for Woxy Vintage, which plays a bunch of stuff like the Pixies, REM, the Breeders, Nirvana, Garbage, Weezer, Elastica, etc. Stuff they used to call 'alternative' I guess. It's pretty cool, well worth checking out, with a very diverse playlist.

Planning on adding some more links to some more webradio stuff that I've been listening to tonight.

Went over to Collin and Kathleen's house tonight, and a fun time was had despite Kathleen being out of state. Collin's meatloaf is all kinds of hella good. And Collin was nice enough to let me watch Battlestar Galactica. Which was cool. Despite whatever Mike might say.

The first day of vacation was good. Slept late. Had lunch with my wife at Thep Thai, which was pretty good, definitely reasonable. Bought a few 50 cent records at the Salvation Army (mostly cool Scheherezade type stuff that I love, orchestral pop music from the 50s and 60s that tried to evoke a feeling of the exotic and forbidden). Drank some Morrocan Mint tea at Arsaga's while Beth was at Spark. Got some rum and some bourbon. Came home and made a mojito, which was excellent (really on a mint kick lately, it's great for cooling you down). Played some Jedi Outcast. Then took a nap. And finally, to Collin's for dinner.

Tomorrow, cleaning the bedroom and finishing up Sleeper Service, and a new track I'm working on, called Laeocon. Need to get some sweeping, phased, swirling guitar feedback washes of sound recorded to layer behind the motifs of Sleeper Service, and I think Laeocon needs more cowbell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Come and get me, young padawan.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home