Wednesday, August 10, 2005

So, I spent a good part of yesterday evening recording From The Secret Laboratory by Lee Scratch Perry, and The Dub Factor, by Black Uhuru, and converting the results to MP3s. It's tedious, but ultimately I want to convert my entire record collection (it's pretty massive), or at least the electronic music bits, into MP3 format. Next I'm working on Experryments at the Grass Roots of Dub, by Lee Scratch Perry. I love dub.

On a related note, been trying to wrap my head around Ableton Live 5.0. If you haven't gotten a demo of the program, I highly recommend that you do so. If you're at all interested in making music on your computer. Those guys at Ableton make it remarkably easy. And fun. Addictive, even. What's really cool and exciting about the latest version is the sophisticated way that it can automagically beatmatch two different MP3 tracks. It's pretty cool. I haven't gotten it to work 100% of the time, but it does work.

Expect some very strange Dub Beyond Dub type experimental mix sometime soon, with tons of delay and sweeping phase effects. And then I need to finish up a few of my other projects.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

One of my colleagues is all into making music on his computer... he also subjects us to hours of listening...hehe... all in the name of art, I guess.

-N

10:10 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

What kind of stuff. Does he have a website?

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home