Tuesday, December 13, 2005

So, apparently I'm old and out of touch, and not really connected to the whole 'Indie rock', or 'hipster doofus' scene as I like to call it.

But...

Through some wandering through Myspace, I found a band called Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. They're hella cool. Very catchy. I highly recommend you give them a listen if you want to hear something that kind of makes you hum, or bob your head up and down.

Oh yeah, they're going to be on Conan O'brien on the 16th.

Kind of reminds me of the Talking Heads (I'm sure everyone says that), but it also kind of reminds me of the Lemonheads. Not in and of themselves, but there was a time not so incredibly long ago when I was somehow cooler (it's that whole 'slack' thing again), and listened to power pop punk bands. I was even known to get crazy in a mosh pit or two.

It kind of makes me sad to think about what's happened to Fayetteville. Or maybe it's just me. I was very innocent when I came here. I'm not saying I'm not innocent now, but I'm definitely very much more crochety and curmudgeonly.

Holy crap! Amy Yasbeck is on Craig Ferguson's show.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

I don't think I would ever use the words "crochety and curmudgeonly" to describe you. You're so far from those words...I'm more likely to be described in that way.

So who is Amy Yasbeck since I'm clearly missing Craig Ferguson?

Also...I to hit the mosh pit a time or two. Love it. Now I feel too old and poser-ish to participate in that kind of stuff.

Don't know if you heard...NIN @ Alltel Arena in March. Tickets are reasonable ($40).

12:52 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Oh good lord.

I'm more of a 'Green era' REM type of mosh pitter, and less of a NIN type of mosher.

Yeah. I know, I don't seem curmudgeonly. But I've been feeling it lately. I think it's the cold weather.

Amy Yasbeck is John Ritter's widow.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home