Friday, March 17, 2006

Listening to some 10,000 Maniacs, totally revelling in a sound and music that takes me back to a time when I was much more carefree. Rockin' out.

So, the wife and I and her sister and her husband are going up to Kansas City this weekend, to pig out on some good Ethiopian food, and maybe some tapas. We're also going to go see the Bellydance Superstars on Sunday. Which I'm completely jazzed about. I love to see bellydancing when it's done well.

Had a pretty crappy day, until my friends and I played some D&D. That pretty much turned things around. It's always great to hang out with some friends, play something that distracts you from the mundanity of the world, engages the imagination, and so on.

8 Comments:

Blogger twd3lr said...

Funny, I was reminiscing to my wife last night about having seen 10K Maniacs at Mud Island about 13 years ago (yikes!) and how much fun it was.

Ethiopian food, eh? Do they serve good coffee there, too? I would hope so, but not expect it, sadly.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I think the name of the restaurant is the Blue Nile? And I can't recall if they had good coffee, to tell the truth. I do remember being too damned full at the end of the meal to eat or drink anything else.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

twd3ler: I saw that 10,000 Maniacs show! It was right before Natalie Merchant left the band. They put out at least a couple of post-Natalie records that, while not as good as previous records, were at least as good as her solo records. I think they're completely defunct now, as their guitarist, Rob Buck, died of liver failure a few years ago.

9:43 PM  
Blogger twd3lr said...

steven: I had no idea about Rob Buck dying; that's too bad. I never thought that NM put out anything as good as some of the Maniacs' discs; Our Time in Eden remains one of my favorite CDs of my college years, and there were some great ones (1991-1995). Gee, I really feel old now.

11:14 PM  
Blogger twd3lr said...

Peter: Demand good coffee if they don't have it. Any Ethiopian restaurant worth a damn should.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://ttctwtty.com/ldtz/pwua.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rppbgqif.com/rggg/gbjh.html]Cool site[/url]

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://ttctwtty.com/ldtz/pwua.html | http://fkrejusc.com/zler/lfjw.html

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home