Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ok, guilty pleasure confession here. I'm really digging on Julian Lennon's "Too Late for Goodbyes" lately. I know it's cheesy, totally bad 80's syn toms, bad FM synths played in a faux reggae skank sort of groove. I should hate it. But I love the damned song. I know a lot of people will tell you that Sean Lennon is the 'cooler' of the Lennon siblings (and his album Into The Sun is pretty damned cool), but Julian is pretty cool too, I think.

Also really diggin' on some Modest Mouse lately. Which is totally way crazy for me, since it's all kind of 'indie rock' and all that stuff. But I'm diggin' them ever since I saw them on Austin City Limits.

6 Comments:

Blogger twd3lr said...

Ahh, Julian Lennon--talk about a trip back to junior high and the days of top 40 radio. Very clever writing for pop, though.

As for Modest Mouse, I presume you're referring to their "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" disc? If so, good call. I am an alt. rock fanboy, especially of the late 80s/early 90s college and grunge scenes, but most indie rock is just lost on me--who wants to listen to poorly constructed music with ridiculously non-lyrical lyrics being sung by some weedy guy who couldn't sing "Happy Birthday" in tune if his life counted on it? Not me. However, with the digital music revolution, it would appear that many "indie" groups are really good and would have maybe previously signed with a major label...

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded comment--this probably should have been a post on my own blog!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, personally, LOVE Julian Lennon and have always enjoyed "Too Late for Goodbyes." I need to get another copy of it, actually.

There is nothing wrong with admitting your like of a specific song or type of music. Contrary to popular belief, just because I love hairbands does not make me stupid. I'm just a bit odd or eccentric and my tastes are rather varied.

But yes... LOVE LOVE LOVE J.L.

*mwah*

It was good seeing you this weekend!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://pitpoavw.com/kowq/ksps.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ijsjajgo.com/aytk/ttis.html]Cool site[/url]

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://pitpoavw.com/kowq/ksps.html | http://wpalyotc.com/wfeb/vnij.html

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home