Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ok, this is a shoutout to Saul Stokes, who is all kinds of hella cool. I wrote him an email about my computer woes, and he totally sent me all of the Blipdrums samples that I lost when my harddrive went bellyup. He even included some that I hadn't bought. Which is cool. In other words, not only does he craft amazingly beautiful analog synths (which I covet as lustfully as you could covet something with knobs), and make incredibly beautiful electronic music, AND make interesting and inexpensive electronic drum samples, but he's also a really nice guy. Which is more than you can say for a lot of much less talented electronic musicians, IMHO.

Yeah. Lots of good karma for Saul.

OH YEAH, and I also finished An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green. This was a great book. At one point, I was reading it in bed, and my very pregnant wife got really annoyed because I was laughing so hard I was waking her up. And I couldn't stop laughing. It's not just the fact that I kind of identified with the main character, or at least identified him with someone I used to be or know. It's the fact that it all seemed so real. You need to read this book. I've never really been into young adult or teen books, before, but this one author has me reevaluating an entire literary subgenre. You mark my words. This is an author to watch.

Ok, rampant fanboy mode off. Sorry Saul and John.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home