Thursday, September 13, 2007

A few things.

A few weeks ago, Beth and Jack and I went to Little Rock, where his gramma and grampa took him swimming, which was incredibly cool. The little boy freaked at first, but then had a good time after I took him back in. The next day, we went to the zoo, where it was entirely too hot, but fun in its own miserable way. I think going back in October would be MUCH better. Or early spring. He had fun on the train though.

I've been working on some new music, mostly psytrance. I think I'm beginning to wrap my head around it. The real problem for me is that I'm having to develop a sample kit at the same time that I'm figuring out arrangement. Hopefully I'll have something to show for it soon. (I might have a track on the Art Amiss sampler at their next event, so that's cool)

Still haven't finished the Aum Fest live set recreation. Have pretty much decided to compress everything and make it fit on one CD. It will necessarily be more dense and layered as a result. Should be fun. Drifting droning ambiences, radiostar bleeps, distorted voices.

Just finished Tatja Grimm's World by Vernor Vinge. And I'm reading Spook Country by William Gibson. Who supposedly has a blog. Which I never read. But probably should.

Speaking of authors, and blogs, John Green of Brotherhood2.0 fame has posted an excerpt from his upcoming new novel, Paper Towns. You should watch it. Heck, you should be watching the Brotherhood if you're not. That's for damn sure. And in tit for tat fashion, his brother Hank has posted an excerpt from his novel, which he says will probably remain unfinished. Which is a shame, because it sounds really good. He also has some very good comments about writing. Take a walk in your mind, he advises. Which is sound advice. I would say.

If you're not watching Mad Men, you probably should. It's incredibly nuanced. And it's odd how alien probably very accurate depictions of men and women in early 1960s New York appear to me. But, despite the cultural differences, I can definitely relate.

Here's a few pictures of Jack:




























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home