Monday, March 10, 2008

Ok, so I hate Linkin Park, after all, all their songs sound the same, and this proves it. BUT, it's kind of genius in it's own way (especially the intro and the outro), in an almost Syd Barretesque way (without sounding like Syd Barrett or Pink Floyd at all).

So, I found out that in all likelihood someone I know may have murdered his ex-girlfriend. This has really derailed and disturbed me. I just don't know what's up with people. All I wanted to do all day was come home and give Jack a great big hug.

Also, just to stoke the politically divisive fires, 25 Reasons I Cannot Support Senator Clinton. Also, 10 Questions for Hillary Supporters. Just some food for thought.

Oh yeah. And this is one of the funniest things I've seen all week. I hate musicals, but this was great.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

I loves me some Improve Everywhere.

Ugh. I too cannot support HRC. But...then...another Republican isn't the answer either. I'm just shocked at how the Clinton's will do/say anything and lay waste to the party for their own vanity.

Anyone I know (about that horrible other item you led with)?

12:26 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

No, I don't think so. He was a friend of a friend. We goofed off about a year and a half ago playing laptop music, 4 of us hanging out in one friend's apartment and jamming. We would always talk about music software when we would see each other.

The young woman apparently touched an awful lot of lives. It's all so sad.

9:25 AM  
Blogger The Duke of Arkansas said...

This is to both Ken and Peter:
I hate to insert myself here as I'm 99% unlikely to vote for Obama, and 110% sure that I'm not going to vote for HRC, so that puts me pretty safely on the other side of the political divide. However, I have to ask, are you doing anything to avoid HRC as the dem nominee? If not, you might consider doing something now while the choice is in question rather than just be in a position to bitch about HRC as the nominee a few months from now after you haven't done much about it.

I'm making an assumption on your political involvement, so if I mispeak I apologize. However, I find that most folks just talk. Usually that might be enough, but I'm not sure in this case.

Don't take this as a weird trick to somehow convince you to help out a candidate that I think will be weaker in November. From my point of view I'd rather risk a 51% chance of Obama being President then a 10% chance of HRC being President. I don't think of this as irrational. I probably won't like Obama's policies any more than HRC's, but if I'm going to have to have 4-8 years of stink (my pov) I'd rather have it be a fresh new stink then the old stink that I already have been through. That's my motivation in this advice.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home