Monday, April 18, 2005

So, via Disquiet, is this link to Ansiform, a netlabel of some very good ambient music. "Three to six months, tops", is I think my favorite song so far.

Speaking of ambient music, tomorrow I plan on recording a live set of synthesizer and drum machine improvisations, overlaid with slowed tape loops of some ciruit-bent instruments, some didgeridoo atmospheres and live shortwave radio textures. I want to have something to give to Alan soon, and I'm thinking very much in a slow, dubby, ambient glitchscape sort of vein. Also, I'm definitely thinking that I want to do some more live stuff. Bedroom composition is fine, but it just doesn't have the flavor or taste of imminent disaster that a live improvisation can have.

In other news, the slow recovery from sickness plods on. Hopefully soon I'll be in tip top shape again.

Oh yeah, for those who don't know, Mike now has a Forum system on his website. If you ask, I bet he'd let you get in on the discussion.

5 Comments:

Blogger dj said...

Some nice ambient pieces there. As a sign of appreciation....

http://www.partyben.com/downloads/

Some interesting mashups.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Hawaiian Radiation said...

imminent disaster is probably my favorite type of music. I'm going to have to start telling people that's what I play.

8:06 AM  
Blogger jennybee said...

Glad you're feeling better, Peter-bird. Just found your blog. Fun stuff.

--jen.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey peter... seriously get a hold of me. i am glad that you are working on something for my label. i am ready to put it out but we should talk :) i have a lot to catch you up on anyway. and i want you to do a remix for the label.

and to the person who asked if you can download any of his stuff... well if he releases this on my label it will be totally free to download.

but email me at erraticninja at minisculewombat dot com

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks greatly for the positive comments! best of luck with your musical adventures..

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home