Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Did some Christmas shopping today. It went surprisingly well, despite the fact that I had to go to the mall. I must be getting old, because teenagers tend to REALLY get on my nerves (with some notable exceptions; you know who you are). Still have to make a few things though, not the least of which are my chocolate truffles.

Groovin' on some Underworld, Beaucoup Fish to be exact. Has to be some of the most beautiful dance music ever made in the history of all of planet Earth. It's great music for a road trip, too.

Heard of the London Synthesis Orchestra? It's an ensemble of synth players from London, and they've gotten together to play music inspired by John Cage, etc. Haven't listened to it yet, but it seems like it'd be crazy amounts of cool.

I wonder if a bunch of violin/fiddle players would do the same thing for me if I fed them barbecue?

Some things I just don't get, or like. Dog the bounty hunter. WTF? This is on A&E? This is just one example of the kind of coarsening of our entertainment culture that reduces everything down to its lowest commen denominator. In short, it sucks. American Chopper and Monster Garage. Why would I care about this crap, and why is it on the Discovery Channel? I'm serious. Whoever is in charge over at Discovery should be slapped around a little. Sack and stick style.

Rant mode off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home