Thursday, December 15, 2005

I've been making a fair bit of sushi lately (I even made some after work tonight), and I've hit upon a very good recipe for sushi rice. In your pot, add 2 parts sushi or short grain rice to 1 part jasmine rice. Add water until it's about an inch above your rice. Then cook until the water starts to disappear. Turn off the heat and put a cover on your rice. Add some rice vinegar, some salt and a little sugar. After about 10 minutes it's ready for plating for cooling.

My favorite roll is to use some imitation crab meat, some smoked salmon, avocado and cream cheese. It's nummirific.

1 Comments:

Blogger munkee girl said...

Yeah. It's two TBSP rice wine vinegar + two TBSP sugar + 1 tsp salt to two cups sushi rice. Voila! (Which Wesrey and Corrin say would be: Voira! in Japanese. I dunno, they've both studied it, I haven't.)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home