Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I collect coins. I have a weak spot for odd and strange coins. Foreign. Arcade tokens. Unstruck coins. Strange fantastic coins of uncertain provenience. I'm not sure why I do this.

I love making chai. Homemade. Lots of spices. Ginger, cloves, cardamom, pepper, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, with some very strong tea and milk and honey.

I love very brisk days when I get to wear pullovers. I have a favorite pullover that I bought 15 years ago. It's a bit ratty on one sleeve, but it's the most comfortable article of clothing I own. I feel more myself when I wear it than I ever do otherwise.

Usually, when I get home from work, the very first thing I do is take off my pants.

There are few things more emotionally satisfying than lying down to take a nap and having all three cats curl up with me to take a nap with me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Yeah. I think that would have to be the tops.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Phillip said...

sorry. baby AND cats.

I win.

11:25 PM  
Blogger jennybee said...

I noticed an odd coin in my purse the other day. It was a little bigger than a quarter and had itsy bitsy squiggly writing on it. I finally determined it was from Syria. No idea how it got in my purse--my best guess is a cashier gave it to me with my change somewhere or other. A rather fun discovery, as long as the feds aren't following some Middle Eastern money trail to me..."Evidence found on the suspect tied her to an underground ring of Syrian financiers..."

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arcade tokens. So cool.

I used to have a nice little collection of them. I kept them all in this little velvet arcade token pouch that was embroidered with the logo of my favorite arcade "Aladdin's Castle". I miss arcades.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home