Thursday, March 27, 2008

So, in the world of music, I've finally put up my psytrance oriented Virb page, even though I consider my efforts in the subgenre to still be kind of amateurish in nature. You can check it out here. I've only got two tracks up so far, but three more are very close to being done. And I'm probably going to add at least another one after that, which will probably be a little more tribal/experimental in nature.

I understand that psytrance is not everyone's cup of tea. But I like it. I like the complexities of the interlocking melodies that contrast with the relative simplicity of the structure. Well, sometimes. Sometimes even the song structures can be pretty complex, despite the 4/4 kick drum patterns (which is what most people seem to notice).

Eventually I'm going to put up a mix of all of these tracks as one mp3. That's one of the reasons I like Virb. They let you put up much larger mp3s than myspace. In fact, I'm thinking of wiping my myspace page and moving the ambientish/IDM type of stuff to another Virb page.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey peter. it's kristen. i'm gonna figure out this blog stuff really soon...anyways, on the way home from dinner scott had an apifanie (?) when he looked up and suddendly realized he was driving - on the left hand side of the road - and then later he almost ran up on a sidewalk on the right side...that's all beside the point. i wanted you to know that he bragged on your new music alot. ALOT!! and you know, it means something when you do it in the car with your wife. you don't really exaggerate and you say what you really mean. he liked it. he said that he could have looked though a thousand different records and never found the sound that you offered and that he thought it sounded really professional...ok, i have to go rescue the baby from the daddy. he can't figure out the snaps on baby pants very well, but he knows music. long comment, huh?

7:39 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I'm so glad you guys came over for dinner.

And that baby is CUTE! And TINY!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home