Tuesday, July 26, 2005

So, Memphis was great. It was really cool to see the family. My brother and sister are both doing fine. I actually really dislike Memphis. It's far too hectic and cluttered for my tastes. And hot, my God it was hot. Family is really one of the only reasons I would go there.

That being said, I made a few cool finds in Memphis. I totally was not intending to buy any records, but I found two really cool ones. One, and I can't EVEN believe this, is yet another Lee Scratch Perry record, called "From the Secret Laboratory." Very cool. Produced by Adrian Sherwood in 1990. I'm actually getting a pretty good dub collection on vinyl. And I loves me some dub. The other record is by the Rust College A'Cappella Choir, and it's called "A Tribute To Natalie Doxley, Director Emeritus." Basically it's good old fashioned homegrown Mississippi black gospel. Not the crappy 70's big-haired white family gospel that clogs the flea markets in this area. I got both records for under 10 bucks.

In other news, I'm using this new Wiki called WikidPad for my D&D campaign, Ereth. Basically, I'm going to be using it as a dynamic database to help my keep track of everything in the game. Plus it's searchable. We'll see how that goes.

Finally, mdsp at smartelectronix has published a Beta version of LiveCut, for both Windows and MacOSX. Basically, it's a VST effect that slices up sounds and can give you that stuttering, glitchy, kind of Squarepusher kind of effect to your breakbeats. I've played around with it a little and I can tell you that it's so incredibly cool. Instant jungle madness. Splintering breakbeats. I can't wait until he's finished with it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://dtzipklr.com/dwni/pygl.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lvejldkg.com/rbxa/idzn.html]Cool site[/url]

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://dtzipklr.com/dwni/pygl.html | http://crpdrssg.com/gkvi/bxvr.html

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home