Saturday, December 24, 2005

Can't sleep, so I'm watching About A Boy. I love this movie. I'm not really sure why. I mostly dislike Hugh Grant movies, but this one clicks.

I've been thinking about social anxiety lately. It plagues me, at times. I'm sure everyone has a different image of themselves than the one that other people see. At times I feel almost as if (and I know that this isn't the case) some people 'like' me to my face, but when I'm not around, they feel differently.

I often feel anxious and insecure in social settings, worried that I just won't fit in. I know that to some people this sounds preposterous, since I'm kind of seen as a social butterfly by some people. But I can't help it.

Anyway. Bookstore rant:

I'm quite entirely and completely tired of idiots coming in and asking for books on 'arrowheads', etc. I even had these two jerks asking for books on how to find them today. I told them 'Uh... they really discourage that. You could do a lot of damage to a valuable site, and you should probably leave that to the archaeologists. Anyway, they don't write books like that for the layman.'

Seriously, I must get at least 4 people asking for books on arrowheads a week. Probably methheads looking for a simple way to make some cash without doing anything overtly illegal.

4 Comments:

Blogger munkee girl said...

Pete, you know half the county. You might even know more people in NWA than Bill Clinton. We love ya, baby!

I can't even imagine the kind of kooky people you get askin' for books. Ask Wes if he's got some Panera book friends who can hook you up with a new supply.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://uwblkrxq.com/tmjb/bajs.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zxvtzkon.com/gguf/ccxv.html]Cool site[/url]

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://uwblkrxq.com/tmjb/bajs.html | http://dszgpwmk.com/puyb/fwde.html

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home